July 27, Juche 112 (2023) marks the 70th anniversary of the Korean people’s victory in the Fatherland Liberation War (June 25, 1950-July 27, 1953) by repulsing the armed invasion by the US-led allied imperialist forces.
That the then two-year-old Democratic People’s Republic of Korea defeated the United States, which had been boasting of being the “strongest” in the world, and its satellite forces, was a miracle unprecedented in history.
The Korean people’s victory in the war was the fruition of President Kim Il Sung’s Juche-oriented military ideas, brilliant strategies and tactics and unexcelled leadership, as well as the will to defeat the enemy, unparalleled bravery and mass-heroism displayed by the Korean people, who were firmly rallied around him.
Regarding the people’s steadfast spiritual strength as a decisive factor in the war, Kim Il Sung set forward the slogan Everything for Victory in the War! and aroused all the people and service personnel for the sacred struggle to defend their motherland.
He created unique strategies, tactics and art of war, including immediate and decisive counterattack against the enemy’s armed invasion, formation of the second front by regular army units, powerful general counteroffensives, positive positional defence warfare, night action, tunnel warfare, aircraft- and tank-hunting team movements and snipers’ team activity, paralyzing the enemy’s numerical and technical superiority.
He also met men and officers of the KPA and other people, instilling confidence, courage and wisdom in them. This served as a source of strength for them in performing heroic feats and achieving victory in the war.
Kim Il Sung not only defended the prestige, honour and sovereignty of his country and the climate for its independent development but also firmly secured the peace of humankind by checking and crushing the US strategy for world domination and thus preventing another world war.
His exploits will shine generation after generation.
1. Kim Il Sung who led the Fatherland Liberation War to victory
2. Kim Il Sung makes a radio address, titled, Go All Out for Victory in the War, to all
the Korean people in June Juche 39 (1950).
3. Kim Il Sung gives a new operational task in February Juche 40 (1951).
4. Kim Il Sung pays a visit to the front and gives instructions on strengthening coastal
defence in April Juche 40 (1951).
5. Kim Il Sung talks with the People’s Army combatants in April Juche 40 (1951).
6. Kim Il Sung talks with the Heroes of the DPRK and model combatants in June
Juche 40 (1951).
7. Kim Il Sung meets soldiers of the KPA in June Juche 40 (1951).
8. Kim Il Sung gives on-site guidance at the place of digging a tunnel in October Juche
9. Kim Il Sung signs a document on sending sailors abroad for study in December
Juche 40 (1951).
10. Kim Il Sung gives instructions on consolidating the naval force in December Juche
11. Kim Il Sung poses for a photograph with war heroes in January Juche 41 (1952).
12. Kim Il Sung unfolds a plan to turn a rural village into a place good to live in in
May Juche 41 (1952).
13. Kim Il Sung gives instructions on intensifying combat training in June Juche 41
14. Kim Il Sung gives instructions at a reconnaissance sub-unit in June Juche 41
15. Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il acquaint themselves with the newly-introduced
aircraft in June Juche 41 (1952).
16. Kim Il Sung gives on-site guidance at Kang Kon Military Academy in June Juche
17. Kim Il Sung ratifies the armistice document after going over it in July Juche 42
18. Kim Il Sung delivers a speech at the Pyongyang mass rally held in celebration of
victory in the war in July Juche 42 (1953).
19. Kim Il Sung reviews victory in the Fatherland Liberation War at a Conference of
Military and Political Cadres of Combined Units and Higher Echelons of the KPA
in August Juche 42 (1953).
20. Kim Il Sung with the Heroes of the DPRK in August Juche 42 (1953)
21. Young people volunteer for the front true to Kim Il Sung’s radio address.
22. KPA soldiers switch over to an immediate counterattack after frustrating the
23. KPA soldiers liberate Seoul on the third day after the breakout of the war.
24. A mechanized unit of the KPA enters the city of Taejon.
25. KPA soldiers cross the Raktong River.
26. People’s Guerrilla Unit members hold a discussion for a joint operation with the
27. KPA soldiers pledge to defend a height of the country.
28. KPA soldiers defend Height 1211 death-defyingly.
29. The 2nd Torpedo Boat Group of the KPA’s Navy, which sank a heavy cruiser of
the enemy with four torpedo boats
30. KPA pilots make a sortie.
31. Artillerymen shower shells on the enemy from a tunnel.
32. Aircraft hunters shoot down an enemy aircraft.
33. Tank hunters bury anti-tank mines.
34. A storming party assaults an enemy pillbox.
35. Snipers share their experiences.
36. KPA soldiers, full of confidence in victory, hold a recreation party on the front.
37. Workers step up shell production.
38. People prepare rice for the front.
39. People carry ammunition to the KPA soldiers.
40. Free medical care system was enforced in the trying days of the war.
41. Students learn to their heart’s content even in the grim circumstances of the war.
42. Teaching staff and students of the then Kim Chaek College of Technology greet
the soldiers on their return to the school from the front.
43. KPA soldiers celebrate victory in the war.
44. The US imperialists defeated in the war
45. Armistice Agreement signing ceremony held at Panmunjom on July 27, Juche 42
46. Heroic men and officers of the KPA pass through the square of victors in fine