June 1, International Children’s Day
Bright Smile of Children and Bright Future
In the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea children are called the kings of the country.
Regarding the work of raising the rising generation as the most important of all state affairs, President Kim Il Sung and Chairman Kim Jong Il tried their best to give all the excellent things in the world to the children.
Their affection is carried forward by the respected Comrade Kim Jong Un. When the laughter of children rings aloud, the whole country becomes bright–this is Kim Jong Un’s view of the younger generation.
Regarding the work of bringing up healthily and stoutly the younger generation, the future of the country, as the most important undertaking of the country, Kim Jong Un shows great concern to creating better conditions for the upbringing of the children.
As he bestows warmer affection for the younger generation the more difficult the times are and fosters the future of the country by dint of that affection, children in the DPRK grow up and learn to their heart’s content, receiving new school uniforms and school things according to season and various nutritious foodstuffs on a regular basis.
As the children are growing up as happily as anyone could be in this world under the warm care and affection of Kim Jong Un, the future of Korea is brighter and rosier.
1. Kim Jong Un visiting the Pyongyang Baby Home and Orphanage and congratulating the orphans on New Year’s Day in January Juche 104 (2015)
2. Kim Jong Un visiting the Kyongsang Kindergarten in July Juche 101 (2012)
3. Kim Jong Un posing with children for a photograph while visiting the People’s Open-Air Ice Rink in November Juche 101 (2012)
4. Kim Jong Un visiting the nursery at the Pyongyang Condiments Factory in June Juche 102 (2013)
5. Kim Jong Un visiting the Okryu Children’s Hospital in March Juche 103 (2014)
6. Kim Jong Un visiting the Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace in May Juche 103 (2014)
7. Kim Jong Un visiting the Pyongyang Children’s Foodstuff Factory in November Juche 104 (2015)
8. Kim Jong Un visiting the Mindulle Notebook Factory in April Juche 105 (2016)
9. Kim Jong Un visiting the Pyongyang Bag Factory in January Juche 106 (2017)
10. At a lesson on mother tongue
11. Drawing pictures with new school articles supplied by the state
12. Playing at doctors
13. Time for intelligent games
14. Bringing their artistic talents into full bloom
15. Time for wading
16. Supplied with dairy produce on a regular basis thanks to the childcare policy of the Workers’ Party of Korea
17. At an orphanage (Orphans grow up happily at baby homes and orphanages built in various parts of the country)
18. Celebrating June 1, International Children’s Day
19. Playing folk games
20. At the Mangyongdae Amusement Park
21. At the Mirim Riding Club
22. Children who were highly appreciated at the Eighth Asian Children’s Picture Exhibition in July Juche 111 (2022)